Monday, June 14, 2010

George and Dragon's





Saturday was USA vs. England, excellent game. I wish we (USA) could have avenged all the poor sea creatures covered in the British Petroleum mess...actually that wouldn't help any animals, but I wish we beat them anyway.
I went to an English pub in phoenix (ha!) at 5:30am to get a table, I didn't believe Kalin when she told me it would be full by 6:30. It was full by 6:00am. 300 people, drinking, at 6:00 am. I guess I was wrong about pub's in Phoenix, they do exist. These pictures are testament.
I treated my self to a proper English breakfast. 10.00 got me: 1 tasty banger link, 2 runny over-easy eggs, 1 nasty stewed tomato, 1 bowl of disgusting beans and some delicious french fries, i mean crisps or frites or chips or freedom potatoes or whatever. Included in the price was one creamy and warm (good warm and cold) pint of Boddington's pub ale and coffee. I was thoroughly satisfied, not because it was good food, but because I was starving and it was 6:15am (for all of the people reading this in England, that is 6:15)
You may be wondering: "wasn't the game at 11:30, what did they do from 6:30 till 11:30?" We sat inside and sweat our balls off waiting for the games to begin, occasionally braving the beautiful day outside for some fresh air. It was like the opposite of England, we went outside to breathe and went inside to be miserable.


After the games, Kalin and I went swimming in Bartlett lake. It was a dream come true after the stench and claustrophobia of the pub.

Dinner was at Z Tejas, an excellent restaurant in Old town(e) Snotts I mean Scottsdale.

Sunday was detox day started with Kashman's Lox Platter...perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment